Peach SalsaCook's notes: This sauce can be served with grilled chicken or pork chops. I had some extra fruit so added in blueberries, strawberries with some chopped fresh basil. The salsa is enough for 4 pork chops or 2-3 large pieces of chicken
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 large peaches cut in chunks
- 2 TB. balsamic vinegar
- chopped basil
- salt to taste
- optional adding in blueberries and strawberries and 1 TB peach schnapps
- Saute in 1 TB. butter onions, peppers and minced garlic until onions and garlic are limp.
- Whisk in ketchup, peach preserves, basil, brown sugar and ginger.
- Cook on low heat till thickened about 15 minutes.
- Add in fruit and vinegar cook 1-2 minutes more adding in salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and add in schnapps
- Divide sauce in half and use it to baste meat while grilling. The rest of the sauce can be served at the meal.
Proper TentingTenting meat with foil keeps it warm while it rests. Meat's temperature continues to rise for a few minutes after its pulled from the oven. Tenting works best when foil is loosely placed on top of the meat in an upside down V. Don't crimp the edges of the foil around the meat or plate meat it's resting on because air should be able to circulate under the foil. Crimping foil on the edges can trap steam and sog out a crust.