Cinnamon Pecan Roasted Butternut SquashCook's notes: This cubed butternut squash side dish bursts with a sweet cinnamon flavor. It can be served with any main meal. The baking time may be adjusted depending on thickness of the butternut squash cubes. Pecans can be eliminated and the taste will not be compromised. Dried cranberries can be added the last 5 minutes of cooking time for a pop of color and taste. The aroma of this dish is amazing as well as taste.
Recipe adapted from damndelicious.net
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 TB. olive oil or Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 TB. maple syrup
- 2 TB. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. apple pie or pumpkin pie spice mix
- optional 1/3 -1/2 dried cranberries
- optional 1/3 cup pecans
- garnish with a sprig of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add oil, syrup, sugar and spices. Add in cubed butternut squash and toss to coat.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes. Stir once or twice during baking time. The last 5 minutes of baking add in cranberries and pecans. Serve immediately.