A great Pinterest find just in time for holiday gift giving. Check out local hardware or dollar store for dust pans.
Dustpan CookiesYou will need the following
a brand new dust pan, cellophane wrapping paper, ribbon, copy of the poem below and 2 dozen cookies.
1. Bake 2 dozen of your favorite cookies
2. Print a copy of the poem
Link to printable tag link with Dust Pan Poem
Place cookies in dust pan and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Then wrap in cellophane and tie the poem on with ribbon.
Dust Pan Cookies Poem
While baking you some cookies,
there was knocking at the door.
As I jumped up to answer it,
the pan fell to the floor.
I stood among the cookie crumbs
and wondered what to do.
The day was late, the time was short,
I had no gift for you.
I bent and swept the cookies up
into a small dustpan.
A friend like you, I told myself,
would surely understand.
The gifts that matter most in life
are those the heart does send.
With that in mind, I give to you
these cookies from a friend.
Chocolate Mocha Snickerdoodles
Recipe makes 2 dozen and adapted from http://christmas.organizedhome.com/ Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp.baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1- 1/3 cups + 2 TB. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 + 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1- 1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules or espresso granules
- 2 tsp. cinnamon or 1 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- Whisk cocoa, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and flour in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in the bowl with mixer in a large bowl. . Mix in egg, vanilla, and instant coffee granules. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir. Roll chilled cookie dough into 2 inch balls and then roll completely in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place cookie balls on baking sheets, 2” apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
Round-Up Holiday Recipes
Now just as I was taking cookies out of the oven my husband yells "Quick get the camera!" Unfortunately, whatever picture needed to be taken the cookies needed my immediate attention. Check out these amazing photos he took. A rare sight this time of the year.
8 Trumpeter Swans enjoying an afternoon swim in some open waters.
It's always interesting this time of the year watching ice form on the lake. I took this photo the day before. The cerulean blue colors of sky and water were stunning.