by Carol Fleming Klein
Gliding across the floor,
Outstretched hand inviting me to dance.
And I long to hear you knockin'
at my door.
Sunlight, caressing on my face
Warming blues and greens
Tugging at my heart with dancing rays
Pine limbs beckon-on to sun-glad scenes.
Sunlight-calling, imperious with no restraint
Flashing in my eyes, commanding to my soul.
Oh why must you arrive so late!
Come whirl and dance in union
-before my curfews toll.
source: poem hunter
Old Fashioned Chicken and Noodles Lasagna
Cook's notes: A chicken dish with a twist using savory chicken pot pie filling and no boil oven lasagna noodles. A tasty comfort dish for a chilly evening. Advance preparation: cut celery, onions, mushrooms and carrots ahead and refrigerate. Use 3 cups deli rotisserie chicken.
- 3 Tb. butter
- 1 cup each diced carrots, celery, potatoes and mushrooms
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3-1/4 cups chicken broth (low sodium-fat free)
- 1 TB. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 TB. parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. herbes de Provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup each white wine and heavy cream
- 1-34 cups Parmesan cheese divided
- no boil lasagna noddles
- Grease a 8x8 square or rectangle baking dish.
- In a large fry pan melt 3 TB. butter. Add in carrots, celery, mushrooms, potatoes and onions. Sprinkle spices over the mixture and stir fry for 8-10 minutes until carrots and potatoes are tender-crisp.
- Add in 1/3 cup flour and stir for 3 minutes until flour is golden. Slowly add in chicken broth and stir until it boils and thickens. Whisk in mustard.
- Add in chicken, peas, 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese,wine and cream. Cook on low uncovered for 6-8 minutes.
- Line bottom of pan with 4 noodles and pour half of sauce over it. Layer with 4 more noodles and rest of sauce. Grate remaining cheese over sauce.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, grate a little more cheese and cook 10 minutes longer. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.