Cook's notes: Dinner preparations started out with a recipe called 'Michigan Cherry Salad' from Taste of Home but soon transformed to 'Raspberry Cherry Salad'. I had every intention to follow the recipe but before I knew it I had veered off course adapting the dressing and salad ingredients. Anybody else ever have this happen? Then my husband got into the salad creation by adding his touch of red onion slices.
Raspberry Cherry Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 TB. good quality balsamic vinegar or Black Cherry Balsamic
- 1 TB. cider vinegar
- 3 TB. cherry preserves
- 1 TB. sugar
- 2 TB. extra light olive oil or Lemon Olive Oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Make an hour before serving and refrigerate.
- one small bag salad greens (half spinach and spring mix)
- 1 large apple diced
- 1 package of glazed walnuts or pecans( found in produce section)
- red onion slices
- mixed greens (spring mix and baby spinach)
- 1 large apple
- toasted pecans
- dried cherries
- crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Check out Bella's recent blog on her 1,700 mile journey to AZ