Southwest Chicken TostadosCook’s notes: Prepare all ingredients and set them in prep bowls to make for easy assembly.
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 package 6 inch white or yellow corn tortillas
- 1 jar of chunky salsa mild or hot
- Grape tomatoes, diced and patted dry on a paper towel
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 package of Four Mexican Cheeses Blend-low fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet.
- Debone the chicken.
- Place 6 tortillas on the cookie sheet. Spread 2 TB. of refried beans on each tortilla to ½ inch of the edge. Spread 3 TB. chopped chicken pieces on top of the refried beans. Sprinkle with 2-3 TB, cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until heated through. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, 2 TB. salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Serve open face on a large platter.
Southwestern Spinach Dip
- 1/2 package (9 oz.) frozen spinach
- 8 oz. cream cheese, fat free, softened
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 10 oz. Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 3TB. Green Chilies, drained
- 1 package Four Mexican Cheeses Blend-low fat ( 8oz.), 1-1/2 cups, divided
- dash garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp.cumin
- salt and pepper
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- black olives (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw and drain spinach well, removing all water, squeeze dry with paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese, tomatoes, chiles, onion, garlic, cumin. salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar,3/4 cup Mexican Cheeses and Parmesan cheese. Mix well using a mixer. May need to add a tablespoon of milk when mixing ingredients.
- Pour cheese mixture into a 1-1/2-2 qt. baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream.