Tucson Botanical Gardens
I was fully engaged after reading the advertisement for
The product comes in White, Brown and Jasmine Rice. If you go to successrice.com there are 50 recipes that use this product. I went with the featured recipe Santa Fe Chicken and Rice and added my own spin. It was quick, easy and very flavorful. Diced olives are optional. A rotisserie chicken is an optional time saver. Brown rice is a healthy option. Check out other rice options below the recipe.
Santa Fe Chicken and Rice
- 1 box of Success Boil in a Bag rice (you will need 1 bag of rice from the box for this dish) I used Brown Rice but white or jamine work too.
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red and green min bell peppers
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1-10 oz. can diced Mexican Style Tomatoes (Rotel)
- 2 cups jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese, Pepper Jack cheese or Mexican 4 Blend Cheeses,divided
- optional 3/4 cup diced black olives
- Grease a 2 qt. baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice according to box directions.
- Heat oil and saute onions and peppers about 4 minutes.
- In large bowl add cooked chicken and rice, onions, peppers, corn, beans, salsa, tomatoes and 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix well and place in greased baking dish. Sprinkle rest of cheese and olives on top.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
Check out Bella's latest posting It's Not My Fault