Nature does not hurry
yet everything is accomplished.
by Lao Tzu
Cook's notes: This recipe was a lucky Pinterest find. It's healthy loaded with veggies and flavorful packed with basil pesto to produce a very memorable meal. It's definitely company worthy and quite simple to put together.
The recipe serves four but the ingredients can easily be increased to serve more. A little advance prep makes the assembly go faster .
Recipe source cookingclassy.com
Tortellini with Pesto and Roasted Veggies
- 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced into half moons
- 1 medium yellow squash, ends trimmed, sliced into half moons
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced in chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved,drained on a paper towel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TB. olive oil or herb olive oil
- 1 tsp. herbes de Provence
- 1-10 oz package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, torn leaves and stems removed
- 1/4 cup store bought basil pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl add sliced zucchini, squash, red pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread on rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with herbes de Provence.
- Roast in oven 10 minutes. Add in tomatoes and roast 10 minutes more. Add in torn spinach leaves and cook one minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Cook tortellini until al dente. Drain and add to a large bowl with cooked veggies.
- Start with 1/4 cup pesto and mix pesto into veggies and tortellini until lightly coated.
- Serve immediately and grate Parmesan cheese over the top.