Cook's notes: Blueberry-Peach- Cantaloupe Salsa is a versatile side that can be used in a variety of ways; served over pork or chicken, as an appetizer with goat cheese and crackers, or warmed Brie. Pairing cornbread with fruit salsa is another option that combines sweet and savory.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living July 2014
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups watermelon cubes
- 2 large peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cantaloupe cubes
- 1/4- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 4 TB. fresh basil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 TB. hot pepper jelly
- 1 TB. olive oil, Blood Orange or lemon Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add cut up fruit, basil and red onions in a large bowl.
- Combine lime zest, juice, pepper jelly and olive oil in a blender. Pulse to mix.
- Toss dressing with chopped fruits, onions and basil.
- Cover and chill salsa up to 4 hours.
- Drain salsa in a colander. To serve salsa use a slotted spoon.
Here are more savory recipe ideas that use a standard muffin tin.