Summer Vegetables en PapilloteEn papillote (French for "in parchment"), or al cartoccio in Italian, is a method of cooking in which the food is put into a folded pouch or parcel and then baked. The parcel is typically made from folded parchment paper, but other material, such as a paper bag or aluminium foil, may be used.
Cook's notes: Summer cooking just got so much easier using foil packets. Be creative with your packet adding in your favorite summer vegetables. It's healthy and packed with flavor. Pair the meal with grilled salmon, fish or chicken.Recipe serves four.
- 6 baby red potatoes, cut in small chunks
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 large zucchini, sliced in 1 inch thick pieces
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into thirds
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 1 TB. olive oil or Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- sprinkles of herbes de Provence
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in rings
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss all veggies with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place four sheets of foil on counter.
- Divide vegetables among four large pieces of heavy duty foil. Sprinkle each veggie foil packet with herbes de Provence and divide minced garlic among four packets.
- Loosely fold the foil over the fillings, then seal each packet closed using a double fold.
- Grill foil packets, covered until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes.