Spicy Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Cook's notes: Add some zip to your summer garden salad with this fast and easy dressing.
Recipe source www.halfbakedharvest.com
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB. honey
- 1 rounded tablespoon fig preserves
- 1 chipotle chili peppers in adobo, chopped and drained on a paper towel
- kosher salt + pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender to mix. Taste and adjust salt + pepper to your liking.
Healthy Rainbow Potato SaladCook's notes: Add a bit of a twist to your regular potato salad by using rainbow potatoes. Lighten the dressing with half mayonnaise and half yogurt. Add your favorites; celery, pickles, mustard, onions and dill. Perfect for picnics and backyard parties all summer long!
Recipe was adapted from : skinnytaste.comIngredients:
- 1 ½ pounds multi-color baby potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 TB. yellow mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh dill or 1 tsp. dried dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 TB. pickle relish
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- optional 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10-15 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, pickle relish, onion, celery with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, set aside half. Peel the other half by gently pinching the skin and pulling it away. Place peeled potatoes in a medium bowl and mash with a potato masher. Dice the remaining potatoes into 1-inch cubes and add to the bowl with the mashed potatoes.
- Toss potato mixture evenly with mayonnaise/yogurt mixture. Garnish with a sprig of dill and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Peach Salad with Arugula
Recipe comes from skinnytaste.com/ It has only 114 calories and worth 3 Smart Points.
Check it out. http://www.skinnytaste.com/peach-arugula-salad/
Last, but not least, I loved this gift packaging idea. You can be as creative as to want with what you put inside the slippers and type of slippers purchased. The image below does not show up well but tucked nicely inside slippers were hand cream, nail polishes and a nail file.
Check back tomorrow for Weekend Round-Up Part Two Seasonal Plate Food Presentation for a P.E.O group.
(Philanthropic Educational Organization)