Celebrate the Arts
Join us at The Northwoods Art and Book Festival
Cook's notes:Celebrate the Arts with Strawberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Bruschetta. It was easy and a festive looking appetizer. I found this amazing goat cheese at the co-op Cranberry Cinnamon. But even more amazing was pairing the strawberries with chocolate balsamic vinegar.Ingredients:
- 1 baguette (French or sourdough) cut in one inch thick slices
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Herb Olive oil
- 6-8 oz. goat cheese
- 1 LB. fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 tsp. good quality dark balsamic vinegar or Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3 TB. fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bread slices on parchment and brush one side with olive oil. Bake 4 minutes.
- Turn bread slices over and brush with olive oil. Bake 4 minutes and set aside.
- Dice strawberries.
- In a small bowl mix balsamic and honey. Microwave for 18 seconds. Add strawberries into balsamic mixture, stir gently. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Spread goat cheese on each bread slice. Use a slotted spoon and divide diced strawberries among bread slices.
- Drizzle a little extra balsamic glaze over each slice, add a few snipped pieces of basil on top.