Tomato and Basil Tart with Goat Cheese
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1- 4 oz. package of soft herb goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced in about 1/4 inch slices 0r 1/2 pint assorted Heirloom tomatoes
- 3 TB. fresh basil chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/4 “ slices and place on paper towels to drain for about 15-20 minutes. Salt and cover with paper towels as well.
- On a lightly floured sheet of wax paper roll out 1 sheet of thawed store bought frozen puff pastry to about a 14-by-12-inch rectangle. Transfer pastry to baking sheet.
- Brush edges lightly with water; fold them in to form a 1/2-inch border, then press with a fork to seal all around. Prick pastry all over with fork.
- Carefully spread goat cheese over pastry.
- Add sliced tomatoes and sprinkle tart including crust with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until crust is deep golden and cheeses are melted, 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.