Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Cook's notes : The chocolate cherry combo is perfection! Everyone will love these decadent and divine cookies! Recipe makes 3 dozen cookies and adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com I cut back on both sugar amounts by 2 tablespoons.
- 2- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar- minus 2 TB.
- 1 cup light brown sugar-minus 2 TB.
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or semi-sweet chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, espresso powder, cinnamon and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips and dried cherries. Chill dough one hour or 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Keep dough chilled until the next batch.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.