A good night to warm up with a bowl of Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Cook's notes: It's packed with flavor and creamy goodness in every bite. Advance prep is a must for this recipe and using a rotisserie chicken is a real time saver. The recipe serves 6.
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 1 cup each diced onions, carrots and celery
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp, each dried rosemary, thyme and parsley flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 48 0z. chicken broth, low sodium
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 lb. mini potato gnocchi (freezer section)
- 2-1/2 TB. butter
- 3 TB. flour
- 1/3 cup cream
- Optional 2 TB. dry white wine
- In a soup pot heat oil. Add in onions, carrots, celery, peppers and garlic. Sprinkle spices over the veggie mixture. Saute 2 minutes. Sweat veggies by covering and simmering on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, add both, chicken and bay leaves. Bring to a boil simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add in gnocchi and simmer 5 minutes more.
- While broth is simmering melt butter in a small fry pan on a medium heat. Add in flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in cream and wine cook until thickened. Add to chicken broth and add in torn spinach leaves. Cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Pre-stamp some thank you notes and hand them out, letting the recipient know to send it to someone they appreciate
Thank a military person
Thank a law enforcement agent