Chipolte Burrito Bowls Southwestern Style
Skip the calories of Chipotle and try these burrito bowls right at home. It’s easier, healthier and 10000x tastier!
Recipe serves 4-6. This creative idea makes for a wonderful lunch, supper or an outdoor gathering with your favorite margaritas.
Thanks Becky for the inspiration and the lunch.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice or Mexican style rice
- 4 cups cooked chicken diced, beef or chicken sausage, warmed in a crock pot
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/1/2 cups red onions, diced
- 2 cups Mexican Four Cheeses
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
For the Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste or 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce, can be substituted for chipotle paste.
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- To assemble the bowls, Set out each ingredients in a bowl. Start out with rice, beans and meat and go from there with all the choices. Let guests serve themselves.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
Bougainvilleaand if you happen to be in Tucson area stop by Old Town Artisans for their delicious Prickly Pear Margarita, a signature state drink.