This healthy easy, 30 minute sheet-pan dinner is loaded with vegetables, seasoned with balsamic and herbs. There are lots of possibilities being creative with your vegetable choices. Recipe serves three to four.
Did You Know:When using olive oil and balsamic for a marinade the ratio is equal parts.
The secret to tender pieces of chicken is marinating them in buttermilk for a few hours in the refrigerator.
Short cut: Buy veggies already precut in the produce department.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- olive oil spray
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 4 cups of veggies e.g. asparagus pieces, cauliflower florets, small baby carrots, broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, cut in chunks
- 2 TB. balsamic vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil or lemon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. each dried basil and parsley flakes or 3 TB. each fresh basil and parsley
Advance prep: Marinate chicken chunks in a plastic zip loc bag in 1 cup buttermilk for several hours. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add olive oil, balsamic and herbs. Mix well. Toss the vegetables and marinated chicken pieces with mixture, adding onions and sweet peppers. Coat well.
- Spread veggies and chicken evenly on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast about 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and carrots are al dente. Stir occasionally.
- Serve warm with long grain and wild rice mixture. Time saver: use a box mix.