TEQUILA SUNRISE MIMOSA (OR MEZCAL SUNRISE MIMOSA)Cook's notes: A great way to start a Cinco de mayo party or a Mother's Day Brunch.
This Tequila Sunrise Mimosa is quick and easy to make.
Recipe from www.gimmesomeoven.com/tequila-sunrise-mimosa/#more-42186
Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cookies
Slow Cooker Carnitas TacosCook's notes: A great selection of 44 Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes for Cinco de Mayo.
Cook's Notes: A favorite Ever Ready Mexican Special Meal.The following recipe was prepared in a 9 x 9 baking dish and serves 6-8. For a 13 x 9 pan double the ingredients below. Pair the main dish with cornbread and a fruit salad. The recipe has previously been posted but worth repeating. Using corn tortillas is what makes the dish shine.
- 1-lb. ground beef or Chorizo sausage
- ½-3/4 cup onions, diced
- ½ green pepper, seeded, diced
- ½ red pepper seeded, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- optional chiles
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1-16 oz. jar of salsa
- 1/3 of the can refried beans
- 8 oz. of enchilada sauce
- ½ can of corn (11 oz.) drained and rinsed (could use Mexican style corn)
- ½ can of black beans (15 oz.) or dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cups Mexican 4 Cheeses
- 1 package of yellow corn tortillas (6 inch size) you will need 10 for a 9 inch baking dish
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sliced black olives, guacamole
- Brown ground beef or sausage with onions, red/green peppers and minced garlic.
- Drain and add mixture back to fry pan.
- Add in spices, salsa, enchilada sauce, refried beans, corn, black beans.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Grease 9 x 9 baking pan and place 4 tortillas in bottom of pan overlapping-to fill in spaces. Tear another tortilla into fourths to fill in corners and sides.
- Place half of the meat mixture on top of tortillas with ½ of the cheese.
- Repeat with another corn tortilla layer ending with cheese. Black olives can be added at this step.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes-remove foil and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Let set 15 minutes before cutting
- Serve on the side your favorite Mexican toppings.