Cook's Notes: Let's shake things up a bit and switch Taco Tuesday to Taco Thursday.
Here are some recipes to get you started
Cook's Notes: Cilantro Lime Crema! A flavor and texture explosion you might just crave for days.
I was drawn to this recipe that used a new product Grill Mates Bacon Chipotle flavor in the marinade.
Shredded Pork Tacos with Root Beer Chipotle Sauce
Cook Notes: Loved the idea of slow cooking a pork shoulder roast with root beer and chipotle peppers to amp up the flavor with a sweet and smoky taste .
Ever Ready Taco Special
Cook's notes:Looking for an easy summer meal? This taco meal can be ready in 20 minutes. It's a crowd pleaser. These shells were found as a bakery item at a local grocery store. If not available at your store there are other taco shells to choose from in Mexican food aisle.
Serves 4 and a suggested side fresh fruit
- 1 lb. hamburger or Mexican Chorizo
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 TB. chili powder
- 1 jar Raspberry Chipotle Salsa ( I used Mrs Refro)
- 1/2 can refried beans
- 1/2 package of Mexican 4 cheeses
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- prepared guacamole (dairy section)
- additional salsa
- black beans(rinsed and drained)
- optional olives
- Cook hamburger with onion. Drain and crumble. Add meat and onion back to pan.
- Add in a jar of Raspberry Chipotle Salsa, refried beans, chili powder and cheese. Cook on low uncovered for 25 minutes. Stir frequently. Add meat filling to shell and layer with suggested toppings.