DID YOU HEAR? Amazon bought Whole Foods. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out in the market. Maybe just maybe some day my food shopping options will improve here in a small town.
Summer Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Mint Dressing
Cook's Notes: The official start of summer means more fresh fruit options in produce and abundance of farmers markets in your communities. Who can resist healthy juicy fruit drizzled with a tangy refreshing honey lime mint dressing! Recipe serves four.
- 2 cups diced watermelon, 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe, 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple, 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups blueberries
- Optional fruits: strawberries, mangoes, kiwi
Honey Lime Mint Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- pinch of ground ginger
- Optional 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- Whisk together all of the Honey Lime Mint Dressing ingredients and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, chop watermelon and pineapple and add to a large bowl with blueberries/other fruit. Pour desired amount of dressing over fruit and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
The watermelon will release a lot of juice so I don’t recommend combining the fruit with the dressing until ready to serve. You could still combine the fruit together without the dressing and refrigerate (if making ahead) and just drain off any extra juice before adding the dressing.