Our favorite broccoli salad is usually drowning in a creamy often sweet dressing. To keep the calories in check but not compromising the salad's favorite flavors I used a dressing made of Miracle Whip and Greek Yogurt. I reduced the amount of bacon strips and substituted cherries for raisins. Grapes would also be another alternative. The recipe serves four.That one tablespoon of Miracle Whip is 40 calories compared to 90 calories in mayonnaise?
Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 3/4 cup dried tri-color pasta or bow tie pasta
- 4 slices of center cut bacon
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 6 TB. low fat or non-fat plain Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 2 TB. cider vinegar
- 2 TB. sugar or honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh coarsely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, cranberries or 1 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, sunflower nuts or chopped pecans
- Cook pasta al dente, rinse and drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp and crumble.
- In a small bowl mix dressing: Miracle Whip, yogurt, vinegar, sugar or honey, salt and pepper. Set aside
- In a bowl add broccoli florets, cranberries or cherries, red onions and nuts,
- Toss salad with dressing adding in bacon and pasta.
Looking for some 4th of July printables for your holiday party? Check out this link to download free tags.