Bits and Pieces
Frozen Coconut Limeade
Cook's Notes: A very refreshing drink on a hot day.
Lakeside/Poolside/Seaside Snack Containers
Cook's Notes: A visit to the Dollar Store provides some easy inexpensive serving containers for your next poolside/lakeside/seaside gathering and food storage for a large picnic. Who knew a kiddie pool could be so versatile.
Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups
1-1/2 TB. taco seasoning can be substituted for the chili powder and cumin. To reduce calories use sour cream and cream cheese light.
- 12 oz. (1-1/2 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1- 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 TB. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- half a bunch of cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 package burrito sized tortillas
- Mix filling ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread 2 heaping spoonfuls of filling on each tortilla. Roll up and cover each roll tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate rolls and cut into slices just before serving.
Cook's Notes: To recreate these very cute beachy cupcakes you will need a box of your favorite cake mix, frosting. sprinkles for the sand, a box of Teddy Grahams, Life Saver Gummies and Fruit Roll-Ups. Oh, don't forget a paper umbrella!