Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps
Cook's Notes: This is one amazing wrap sandwich filled with an explosion of healthy flavors and complex textures. It's loaded with slices of creamy avocado, milky mozzarella cheese, crunchy romaine, balsamic marinated tomatoes and chicken topped with fresh basil all wrapped up in a low carb flatbread called Flatout Foldit.
Fresh fruit makes a good side.
Disclaimer: I am not a rep for this product but I am totally won over by the taste and possibilities for use with Flatout Flatbread. And the best part is actually good for you! I used Flatout Multi-Grain with Flax made from 100% stone ground whole wheat and and high in fiber, with half the calories and half the carbs of two slices of 100% whole wheat bread! Flatout also boasts a gluten free flatbread and many other flavor variations (their Italian Herb would also be amazing in these wraps). I was sold on their new product Flatout Foldit.
The photo shows the sandwich assembled ready to be folded and then sandwich ready to be served. Ingredients listed are for four Flatout Foldit wrap sandwiches.
- 4 Flatout Foldit
- 3 TB. each low fat plain Greek Yogurt and Miracle Whip
- 2 chicken breasts, each one halved
- 4 pieces of Romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced, pat dry on a paper towel
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Mozzarella slices
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- 3 TB. balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB. olive oil or lemon olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. each garlic and onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Mix marinade in a blender, taste test to adjust seasonings, reserve 2 teaspoons, set aside. In a plastic bag add remaining marinade and chicken. Marinate for 2 hours. Grill or bake chicken. Cool and thinly slice.
- Drizzle tomatoes with reserved 2 teaspoons of marinade.
- Mix yogurt and Miracle Whip. Divide and spread sauce among 4 Foldits.
- Add rest of ingredients in the following order:Romaine, chicken, tomatoes, avocado slices, cheese slices and basil.