Embrace the week by giving it a healthy start with Lemon Basil Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich. It's a light and summer-y salad with a twist that captures your favorite chicken Caesar flavors served on whole grain bread.
Recipe adapted from closetcooking.comCook's Notes:
The recipe did call for bacon which sounded very good but I opted to keep it healthier. I marinated the chicken breasts in 3/4 cup buttermilk for two hours, drained buttermilk and cooked chicken covered at 350 for 35 minutes.
The salad was made a few hours ahead of serving time for flavors to meld.Lemon-Basil Caesar Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 TB. lemon zest and 1-2 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 TB. basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced (about 3 skinless chicken breasts)
- Use a whisk and mix dressing ingredients together. Fold in cooked chicken and mix well. Cover salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours.
- Add sliced tomatoes and lettuce for each sandwich.
Cherry Peach Galette
Tomato and Peach Salad
Kung Pao Chicken Salad with Sichuan Dressing