Tomato Tea Sandwiches
Cook's Notes: Love the simplicity and flavor of these tomato tea sandwiches-so easy to put together and perfect for using fresh tomatoes from farmers market or your garden. Use a firm hearty bread. Lightly toast it before adding cream cheese mixture.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living July 2017.
- Bread slices
- 1 container of cream cheese ( there are a variety of flavors: Chive & Onion, Jalapeños,
Chipotle I used Garden Vegetable)
- 1 container pesto
- tomatoes, sliced and patted dry on a paper towel
- Red onion slices
Cooking Tip: Assemble sandwiches near the toaster
- Slice tomatoes and drain on a paper towel. Lightly salt to bring out the flavor
- Toast bread slices two at a time and trim crusts.
- Spread one bread slice with cream cheese mixture. Add a very thin layer of pesto on top of cream cheese, then red onion slices and 2 sliced tomatoes. Cover with other bread slice and cut sandwich diagonally and then diagonally again in other direction.
The only thing missing from this photo above is a glass of ice tea. Enjoy!