Cook's Notes: Midwest Living has some great easy last minute 34 decorating ideas which include:
Some Ever Ready 4th of July party foods which include:
Cook's Notes: For all those Margarita fans you'll love these moist and fluffy cupcakes infused with a little tequila and lime. Lime zest and lime slices brighten up the sour cream frosting to make the ultimate Margarita dessert. It maybe hard to stop at just one as I had to have two!!
Recipe makes 10 regular sized cupcakes.
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Greek style yogurt
- zest and juice of two limes
- 2 TB. tequila
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 TB. softened butter
- 2 TB. lime juice
- 1-2 TB. tequila
- Milk as needed
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large lime for decorating-zesting and slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with 10 paper liners and set aside.
- Whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add in melted butter, yogurt, lime juice, zest and tequila and whisk until combined. Fold in dry ingredients.
- Divide batter among the paper liners and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Place a sheet of wax paper under cooling rack for any frosting drips.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, lime juice, tequila and powdered sugar. Use milk as needed to obtain correct frosting consistency.
- Zest each frosted cupcake with lime and then slice the lime for decoration. Pat lime dry before setting small segment into frosted cupcake. Refrigerate cupcakes 45 minutes for frosting to set.
Cook's Notes: A simple yet elegant dish that's tasty and healthy. It's a great dish to use your garden produce. The more varied the color of your tomatoes. the prettier the salad will look. Garnish with fresh basil. Recipe serves 2-3
- 2 cups watermelon cubes
- 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach torn leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- Optional:Feta crumbles
- 3 TB. olive oil
- 2 TB. good quality white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp, each basil, oregano, thyme, crushed rosemary
- In a large bowl mix watermelon, tomatoes spinach and red onion.
- Drizzle with just enough dressing to moisten the salad.
- Refrigerate salad for 1 hour. Drain liquid before serving. Sprinkle with Feta crumbles.
- In a blender add all dressing ingredients and mix well.