Sausage Breakfast Cups
Cook's Notes: Easy meal that kids and grown-ups will enjoy. With a little advance preparation assembly goes smoothly in morning to serve as a breakfast or a brunch item. The sausage can be cooked and crumbled ahead. The cheese can be grated and placed in a zip loc bag. Add 1/2 tsp. flour to bag (shake to mix) so cheese does not stick or use prepackaged grated cheese. Mexican 4 cheeses would make a great choice to add flavor to the cups. Minis Pancakes or Minis Waffles make a sturdy base for the breakfast cups.
The recipe can be easily halved to make 6 servings.
A standard size muffin pan was used. The recipe makes 12 breakfast cups.
- 12 frozen Minis Pancakes or Minis Waffles, toasted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican 4 Cheeses
- 2 cups Italian sausage or breakfast pork links cooked,drained and crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 3 TB. half and half
- 1/2 tsp. each Italian seasoning and parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper and dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2 standard size muffin tins.
- Toast the Minis Pancakes or Minis Waffles. I put two in each side of the toaster to toast.
- Place each one in bottom of muffin tin wells.
- In blender mix cream, eggs, spices and mix.
- On top of pancake or waffle place tablespoon of crumbled sausage and then tablespoon of cheese.
- Divide the liquid among each well.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until filling is set and golden brown.
- Wait 3 minutes and remove to a wire cooling rack.
- Drizzle each serving with syrup.
Cook's notes: I love simple summer salads that use just a few ingredients and taste incredibly fresh. This corn, avocado and tomato salad is one of those dishes. There’s minimal cooking involved and it’s fast to put together. Sweet corn and ripe, juicy tomatoes are two summer vegetable that are made for each other. They are summer in a bowl.
Recipe serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 cups cooked corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, a combination of red and yellow makes a nice contrast
- 1 cup red onions, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed
- Optional : cubed Mozzarella cheese
- In a blender or a screw top jar combine: 1 tsp. lime zest and ¼ cup lime juice, 1 tsp. dried cilantro or 1 TB. fresh cilantro, 2 TB. olive oil or lemon olive oil, 2 TB. honey, 2 garlic cloves minced and ½ tsp. salt. Optional dash of red pepper flakes to perk up the taste.
- Mix dressing, pour over salad or refrigerate dressing until serving.
- Grilling corn will give it a more smoky taste. Remove kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Add corn, onions, tomatoes, avocados and peppers and toss the salad ingredients with dressing, Serve immediately.