Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The World According to Bella

A Direct Hit

We took a direct hit and there was devastation everywhere. And I'm not talking hurricanes but our yard. Really we were only gone 4 days. I did think Mr. C and Mrs. S should have thought this trip out better taking me off yard patrol. It was just asking for trouble and trouble it was-just couldn't believe it-barely a flower left. 
Only 2 flowers left on this bush
and most of the plants disappeared leaving only leaves behind.   
Looks like it must have been party time all day and night feasting on Mrs. S's plants and flowers.   
I resumed yard patrol immediately and spent the better part of day and into the night  barking all critters off our property. The first night even though it was getting dark I refused to come inside fearing the worst. 
 So I spent time rearranging my hole I might as well be comfortable while on watch. I sat in the dark several hours waiting and watching.   
I've decided no more trips until fall is over.  At least the deer didn't eat all Mrs. S's tomatoes. 

Love, 
Bella

P.S. Mrs. S thinks I take my yard patrol job seriously. She rewarded me with an extra large helping of sugar snap peas, my favorite snack.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...