Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Festive Holiday Display

it's cold outside. After a very brisk walk (at the dog park) in the single digits I decided I needed to warm up and add some pops of color to my day. A trip to the Como Park Conservatory for their annual holiday show lifted my spirits. Shades of pink, red and white poinsettias made for quite an eye catching display. 
This photo was a bonanza! I was able to get a great shot right down the center with no people around. Of course it helped getting to the conservatory right when the doors opened.  
Enjoy the warmth these colors seem to radiate.




























And there was still more color awaiting in another atrium with these stunning orchids
and other unusual varieties of plants nestled among the ferns.  
Indeed I did find it difficult to leave such a warm inviting place to head back out into the cold. But the thought of having a bowl of Chicken, Barley  and Spinach Stew did warm me up. 
Check back on Ever Ready's Friday posting for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...