Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, May 18, 2018

Royal Watch Wedding

I'll be the first to admit I am 
when it comes to British Royalty. In 2011 when Kate and William got married
my sister (bless her heart) actually drove clear cross town at 4:30 in the morning to join me for a champagne toast with scones to watch their wedding festivities. Here's my blog wrap up for that event http://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2011/04/royal-watch-royal-breakfast-recipes.html

So now 8 years later I tried my best to find some guests to join me in the wee hours for a champagne toast for Harry and Meghan's festivities

but unfortunately there were no takers. But at the 11th hour so to speak, my daughter came through with an invite for mimosas and muffins. So who am I to pass up this invite though it will still be dark to travel across town.  
I did some sleuthing on the wedding menu and here's what I found out 
Some 600 guests are expected at the afternoon reception immediately following the ceremony at St. George’s Chapel. 

Unlike at American weddings, on Saturday there will be a wedding breakfast served after the ceremony, basically a light lunch. And later Saturday night, there will be a smaller, more intimate sit-down dinner. There seems to be a lot of speculation as to what foods will be served at both events but the only certainty seems to be the cake. 


Kensington Palace has announced that Harry and Markle have selected pastry chef Claire Ptak, owner of the East London-based bakery Violet Cakes, to create their wedding confection. "Prince Harry and Ms. Markle have asked Claire to create a lemon elderflower cake that will incorporate the bright flavours of spring," the Kensington Palace said. "It will be covered with buttercream and decorated with fresh flowers."
Guess we'll have to wait for the big reveal on Saturday's complete menu. And yes while all eyes will be on the bride and groom there will be a royal watch on HATS. 
  To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...