I am submitting this dessert recipe for a bake-off contest sponsored by Bon Appetit magazine. This brownie dessert was posted on my Thanksgiving blog but I am rewriting and posting it in this blog and submitting a photo as part of Bon Appetit submission process. You are encouraged to go online and vote for my recipe @ bonappetit.com/go/bakeoff
The deadline for voting is December 13th. Wish me luck.
- 1 package (10 oz.) Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate squares (62% cacao) plus half of another 10 0z. package
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 2 TB. of coffee(liquid)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour plus 2 TB. of flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 TB. Kahula
- Preheat oven to 325
- Line a 8 inch pyrex pan with foil and grease
- Heat in saucepan on low heat: chocolate, sugar ,butter, coffee stirring until smooth
- Pour into a medium bowl and whisk in eggs one at a time till mixed.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt and stir well.
- Add chopped nuts and stir well
- Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes clean from the center
- Cool pan on wire rack and remove cooled brownies from foil
- Serve with whip cream or dust with powdered sugar
- For a festive holiday touch sprinkle peppermint chips over whip cream
This recipe was adapted from one called Nestle Chocolatier Grand Chocolate Brownie Wedges found in a magazine.