This is Ever Ready's duplication below. So easy try it for yourself. It can be a appetizer or breakfast item large or small depending on toast size.
Cook's Notes: The original recipe called for pickled radishes. After checking with several stores I came to the conclusion the chef made his own pickled radish recipe. So I used plain sliced radishes. The dish is healthy and so delicious.
- Artisan bread slices
- Olive oil
- Hummus-recommend one a store bought Lemon Hummus though any flavor that suits your preference works
- Avocado slices
- Sliced radishes or sliced hard boiled eggs
- Grinds of fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice bread and brush olive oil on each side.
- Toast on a baking sheet 4 minutes per side.
- Spread hummus on toast. Arrange avocado slices and radishes as shown in photo.
- Sprinkle with a few grinds of black pepper.
Spinach and Peppers Scrambled Egg Muffin Cups (Vegetarian Style)
Cook's Notes: These muffins are naturally gluten free and protein rich with some low fat options. Prep the veggie mixture ahead and place in a covered container. Prep egg mixture ahead and refrigerate in blender overnight. Next morning just put together following directions and enjoy. Reheat in microwave.
Recipe inspiration from aspicyperspective.com makes 12 muffin cups.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened (low fat)
- 2 TB. plain Greek yogurt (low fat)
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp. (each) basil and parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash or two of Sriracha sauce
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 3 handfuls of spinach (stems removed)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese or Cheddar cheese (low fat), divided
- 3/4 cup diced mini sweet peppers yellow and red
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and generously grease muffin pans (regular size).
- In a blender mix well eggs, cream cheese, yogurt, milk, seasonings, and Sriracha. Add in 1 cup cheese and set aside.
- Heat oil and saute in a fry pan onions and peppers 2 minutes. Add in torn spinach leaves and saute until wilted.
- In a large bowl add egg mixture to sauteed veggie mixture. Use a 1/4 cup scoop size and fill up muffin tins almost to top. sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese among the muffin tops.
- Bake 15 minutes until centers are puffy and set. Use a butter knife to loosen edges. They will deflate some. Serve warm.
Ham and Cheddar
Broccoli and Cheddar
Mushroom, Spinach and Pepper
Tomato, Spinach and Peppers
Sundried Tomatoes and Asparagus