Today is the day to share a poem or two.
by Ted Kooser
If this comes creased and creased again and soiled
as if I'd opened it a thousand times
to see if what I'd written here was right,
it's all because I looked too long for you
to put in your pocket. Midnight says
the little gifts of loneliness come wrapped
by nervous fingers. What I wanted this
to say was that I want to be so close
that when you find it, it is warm from me.
by Robert Browning
The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn:
God's in his heaven -
All's right in the world!
A Writing Kind of Night
by Ralph Fletcher
It is clear tonight
a writing kind of night.
There's a moon stirring up
in my imagination.
The heavens are jam-packed
with planets and black holes
that are still uncovered,
and magnificent poems
that are still unwritten.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1-2 limes, juice and zest
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 TB. brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 tsp. cumin,
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place marinade ingredients in a zip loc bag and add shrimp. Marinate the shrimp in the mixture for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
Add the chipotles to the marinade one at a time and taste test for heat. And another option is to add a splash of tequila to the marinade.
- Reminder book give away for 'This Strange Wilderness" is May 3rd. Choose a favorite Audubon quote and tell why you find it inspiring. Place your entry in the comment box at end of blog posting http://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2015/04/this-strange-wilderness-by-nancy-plain.html or send entry to my email.
- Yesterday I posted a Mexican Quinoa dish. Please note food photo was changed to a new option adding in chorizo sausage and Mexican cheese. I added these changes to the original recipe. These additions added an extra punch of flavor.