Cook's notes: Every bite of this creamy smooth lemon cream is decadent. It can served in a small demitasse cup, parfait or wine glass. Crumbled ginger cookie crumbs add a finishing touch or top the lemon cream with fresh blueberries or serve over a slice of pound or almond cake. Meyer lemons were suggested for this recipe but regular lemons will work too.
The recipe serves 4 and would shine at the dessert table for a spring brunch.
Recipe from bonappetit.com
I discovered these crisp ginger cookies and found it was not easy to stop at just one. They go well with coffee or tea.
Meyer Lemon Cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB. butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 crisp ginger cookie crumbs
- Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat
- Stir constantly until thickened (mixture should coat wooden spoon) about 5-8 minutes
- Transfer mixture to blender, add in butter on low speed, blend until smooth
- Transfer mixture to to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours
- Just before serving slightly whip cream till it starts to thicken
- Fold into lemon curd and sprinkle with cookie crumbs