Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The World According to Bella


Check put my newest blog for WWN called The Great Escape
http://www.wwnrockport.com/2014/03/the-world-according-to-bella-great.html

Dog Heaven
Mr. C and Mrs. S planned a two day field trip to the Gulf side of Florida to visit some friends. I was instructed to be on my best behavior since we were staying two nights. I did my best by being pretty quiet inside their house. I didn't knock anything over nor get up on their new furniture. I did not beg for any extra treats and didn't wake anyone up during the night.  I must have done pretty good because on day two they told me we were going to a park that was just for dogs with their own private beach. And I could be off leash!
 I stuck close to the front seat. I wanted to make sure Mr. C did not MISS the turn to the park.  
I wasn't sure when we got there how much fun this was gonna be.  It  took us awhile to read the LONG list of dog park rules. But once inside the gate I was in dog heaven. The place was huge with lots of space for me to run around. But it was the beach that sent my heart racing.
I could run up down the beach off leash.
I was able to practice my dog paddle 

and hang out with some other dogs.

I was in dog heaven.
Love, Bella 
________________________________________________________________




Louisiana Creole cuisine is recognized as a unique style of cooking, which makes use of the “Holy Trinity” (in this case, chopped celery, bell peppers, and onions), but has a great variety of European, French, Caribbean, African, and American influences. Creole cooking pays homage to their European roots. Gumbo and Jambalaya are two Creole signature dishes. Creole dishes use more tomatoes than Cajun cooking. 
 

Creole Chicken
recipe adapted from Taste of Home Southern Favorites 2014
Cook's notes: Dish up some southern comfort. You don't have to live in the South to enjoy creole cuisine.  Skillet Cornbread would be a good side with this dish. Creole chicken is a flavorful dish easy to prepare.  
Serves 2 
Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts fillets
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  •  1 can chunky tomatoes (garlic, basil, oregano)
  • 1/3 cup each diced green peppers, celery, onions
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. thyme
  • 2 cups hot cooked rice (use 1 boil in a packet) 
Directions:
  • Brown  chicken fillets in a non-stick large fry/skillet pan with 1 tsp. olive oil-about 4 minutes per side
  • Set chicken aside on a paper towel
  • In same skillet add 1 tsp. olive oil and saute onions, celery and green peppers
  • Add in canned tomatoes,chili powder and thyme
  • Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add in chicken, cover and simmer on low about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done  
  • Serve over hot rice



  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...