Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Rocky Socky fished a piece of paper out of his pocket and began reading...
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
from Jenna Kennedy, Innkeeper at the Shady Oaks Country Inn, St. Helena, CA
- Combine 1- 8 0z. cream cheese with 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Using a loaf of French bread, slice the bread lengthwise
- Stuff bread with cream cheese mixture keeping mixture an inch from either end
- Make batter with 7 eggs, 1/2 milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat electric skillet on high
- Dip French toast in batter and fry
Sauce to serve over French Toast
- Combine one package frozen mixed berries with 1/2 sugar
- Let come to room temperature on medium heat, so the berries combine with sugar
- Add 1/2 cup wine
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Bring to boil, simmer 20 minutes to create sauce
- On a cookie sheet place grapefruit halves fruit side up
- Mix in small bowl brown sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture on the grapefruit halves and dot with a little butter
- Bake 350 uncovered 20 minutes, serve warm
This recipe comes from a family member and could be used for supper or brunch
- 1- 2 lb bag frozen shredded hashbrowns thawed
- 1 tsp. salt, dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1- 10 1/2 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped onions (green onions work well)
- 1- 12 oz. carton sour cream
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes plus 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 Tb. parsley flakes
- In a large mixing bowl mix thawed potatoes, 1/2 melted butter, salt, pepper, onions, soup mixture, sour cream and cheese
- Pour into a well greased 13 x 9 glass baking dish
- Top with crumbled cornflakes that have been mixed with 1/4 butter and 1 1/2 TB parsley flakes
- Bake uncovered 1 hour till browned on the top
Note: What is great about these recipes is the fact can be made ahead which gives you more time to enjoy your company
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
"What was I thinking!" screamed one of my traveling companions.
It seems my motorcycle rental was discovered this morning. Sadly, I had to return the bike before I even had a chance to use it. I kept hearing words like: unsafe, you will have another accident, you are suppose to be resting more etc. etc. etc.
Looks like my cycling days are over before they even started. And I was soooooooooooooooo looking forward to riding it around the city today."
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
NAC 2020 AUTHOR VIRTUAL TOUR MEET MINNESOTA AUTHOR BARBARA SAEFKE Barbara E. Saefke author Mystery and Romance Barbara...
A great Pinterest find just in time for holiday gift giving. Check out local hardware or dollar store for dust pans. Dustpan Cookies ...
Cook's notes: Black Forest gâteau and Black Forest cake are the English names for the German dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte ...
Looking for a twist to your holiday gathering? How about a themed How the Grinch Stole Christmas party? The link below has some interest...