Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Last Leg of the Journey

Part Seventeen
"Dear Foodies, I soooooooooooooo wanted to eat at the French Laundry. But all I got was a picture. My traveling companions reminded me that eating out at this restaurant would definitely be a budget buster. Plus we would have had to make our reservations almost a year in advance. We even had a hard time finding the restaurant and drove by it twice. It is smaller than I thought it would be and quite unassuming looking for such a well known place. I have heard many stories of their fine cuisine. I even heard a story about a couple who spent over $700.00 for a 5 course plus lunch. And that included only three glasses of wine! Well at least I know we saved a bit of money by not dining there though I was quite disappointed not to even get inside.
It was a perfect sunny day for our trip into Yosemite Park. Can you believe it takes about an hour and a half just to reach the visitors center! Driving up some 6,000 feet was scary with all the winding up and around the mountains. Looking back down from where we had been put my stomach in knots. As we drove up I got a bit homesick seeing snow. Perhaps people in CA do not see much snow because there were a lot of people (big people) playing in the snow and throwing snowballs. Remember the Super Bowl ad I did for Kia and the part when I was making a snow angel? Today I was lucky and got to make one again!
I hope you enjoy the pictures I posted.
I should make it home in a few days. What an adventure we have had out West. We did so many fun things. But I have to say that I missed my friends and family. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed. I have a doctor's appointment and am hoping I can get back to work soon."

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad that you made us part of your visit by spending the day exploring the vineyards in Napa. It was such a good time and hope your next adventure to the islands is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...