Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Big News

Part Twenty Two
Rocky Socky fished a piece of paper out of his pocket and began reading...

Dear Rocky Socky,
We enjoyed your performance for the Kia Sorrento commercial played on Super Bowl Sunday. Our agency has been commissioned by a hotel chain to make a commercial advertising Maui's tourist attractions to generate more business for them. We believe you would be great as a mascot for the commercial. It is evident from the Kia Sorrento commercial you are enthusiastic and have an adventurous spirit. We will be shooting on location in Maui for about two weeks. We will cover all your living expenses including travel. All wardrobe changes will be provided by our agency. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are interested. The job starts February 25th.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Bob Davis and Sons Communications Inc.
Marketing and Public Relations
Maui, HI 96790
808-573-2830
"Rocky Socky, this is quite an opportunity for you," said Dr. Michaels in an excited voice. "Did you call them back?"
"Well, I first had to call the bus company to get their okay. I was not scheduled to return to work till March 10 but hoped they would be fine with me doing extra work while on sick leave. Then I called Sully and Moxie with my exciting news. They seemed happy for me but a bit sad. I just got home and they were looking forward to doing things with me. I assured them I would call a few times, take lots of photos and find some fun gifts to bring back."
"I need to warn you Rocky Socky," said Dr. Michaels. "You must be careful with that new cast and not bump it. Did you tell Mr. Davis you had a cast on?"
"I did and they have some ideas on how to work around it so wouldn't be too noticeable."
Rocky Socky left Dr. Michaels's office with a long list of things to do. #1 on his list...
beach clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...