- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Saigon cinnamon or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk or regular milk
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pits removed and halved or 1 package (12 oz.) frozen sweet cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla almond milk or regular milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter. Mix together with your hands until crumbly or pulse a few times in a food processor. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line it with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and almond milk or regular milk. Mix until combined, do not overbeat. Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Gently stir in the almonds and cherries.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Recrumble streusel mixture and sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let muffins cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
Cook's notes: It's refreshing and made with only 4 ingredients!
Recipe from damndelicious.net
- 1- 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1- 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- Combine raspberries, milk, and 1/2 cup ice in a blender until smooth; set aside.
- Combine mango, orange juice, and 1/2 cup ice in a blender until smooth; set aside.
- Place in glass raspberry mixture first topped with mango mixture.
Looking for another Cherry Almond Muffin recipe? This is a similar one that uses dried cherries rather than fresh cherries.