Recently I came across some Better Homes and Garden ideas with all sorts of fun and surprising recipes made in a muffin tin. This one caught my attention. Here's a recipe that elevates your standard meatloaf and mashed potatoes to a whole new level. It's definitely company worthy too!
Cooking Tip: Start with two pieces of bread add another if the meatloaf mixture needs more binding.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½-3/4 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs (I used 3 whole bread slices)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded carrot (1 medium)
- ⅓ cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce, not jellied
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1- 14 ounce package refrigerated sour cream and chive mashed potatoes or creamy mashed potatoes (I found this package below near deli and they were microwavable)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- Snipped fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor place onion, carrots, garlic, and 2 slices of bread. Pulse 2-3 times. In a large bowl stir together beaten eggs, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, garlic, parsley flakes, the 3 tablespoons ketchup, the mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add ground beef; mix well.
- Lightly grease bottom of each muffin well.
- Form about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture into a ball and place each one into muffin wells. Place muffin pan on a large baking sheet. In a small bowl stir together the 1/2 cup ketchup, the cranberry sauce, and chili powder. Top each meat portion with 1 tablespoon of the ketchup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Place each meatloaf muffin on baking sheet to drain.
- Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup or an ice cream scoop, top each muffin with cooked potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with cheese. Remove paper toweling and return meatloaf muffins back to oven and bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Top each muffin with snips of chives.
Mini Spaghetti Pies
Chicken-Feta Phyllo Cups
Other Muffin Pan recipe ideas from Ever Ready
Friday RAK Idea: For those living in wintry places-shovel or snow blow a neighbor's driveway and sidewalk. For those in warmer climates bring neighbors' trash cans on recycling/garbage days to the curb and back up to the house.
Saturday-Sunday is National Banana Bread Day-Bake a loaf and share with a neighbor!