is simply off the charts in taste. Cinnamon and apples are a match made in flavor heaven. This early fall dessert recipe is simple to make since quartered refrigerated cinnamon rolls top the apple cobbler, then the icing from the same package is drizzled on top. Saigon cinnamon is a must for this recipe which elevates the flavor making the dish irresistible. You will need a 2 quart baking dish or a glass 9 x 9 baking dish.
Recipe was adapted slightly from BHG November 2017
I substituted frozen cinnamon rolls thawed for the recipe instead of large refrigerated cinnamon rolls.
Cinnamon Roll-Apple Cobbler
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TB. flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 TB. Saigon cinnamon
- 7 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples (Braeburn, Jazz, Granny Smith)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-17 1/2 ounce pkg. (5) refrigerated large cinnamon rolls with icing, quartered or 5 frozen cinnamon rolls, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon and ginger. Add in diced apples. Heat water in microwave until very hot, add in raisins, let sit one minute. Add to apple mixture. Toss to combine all ingredients. Spoon apple mixture into a 2-quart round or square baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 50 minutes or until apples begin to soften.
- Quarter each cinnamon roll and arrange pieces on top of apple filling.