Tuna and Chickpea Pita Sandwich
Cook's notes: If you like hummus then I've got the sandwich for you. It's healthy and packed with flavor.http://www.cookingclassy.com/2016/07/tuna-chickpea-pita-pocket-sandwiches/
After eating on the healthy side perhaps you can afford a little splurge. I have been saving this recipe since March to post.
Pina Colada CupcakesLove the presentation and what a fun treat for any age group served with a cherry, pineapple slice and a paper umbrella. The recipe calls for making a homemade cake batter but a store bought box of yellow or white cake mix would work too.
A favorite Ever Ready dish
Tomato Caprese Salad
Cook's notes: Insalata Caprese is a simple salad from the Italian region of Campania (Capri). It is traditionally made with vine ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella slices, basil and seasoned with salt and a little olive oil. The following recipe comes from a friend with a little different take on the traditional recipe.
- tomato slices
- mozzarella or provolone cheese
- spinach leaves
- prepared vidala onion or poppyseed dressing
- grated Parmesan cheese
- optional red onion slices
- Starting at one end of serving plate, alternate pieces of torn spinach leaves, 1/2 cheese slice and tomato (large slice cut in half or use a small slice).
- Grate Parmesan cheese over entire plate and drizzle with dressing.
- Serving Suggestion: Individual salad plates can be made following same procedure as shown in the picture alternating spinach leaves, cheese and tomato