for your concern, care, calls and FB notes.
The chicken salad was shared with neighbors and enjoyed by all. The recipe has been previously posted but worth repeating.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 3/4 cup green onions,diced
- 1 cup almonds or cashews
- 1-1/2 cup pea pods
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 package (5 oz.) cran-raisins cherry or dried cranberry
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 TB. parsley flakes
- 1 cup dry macaroni shells, cooked al dente
- optional red grapes
- Blanch pea pods and drain in a colander.
- Place cran-raisins in a bowl and pour 1 cup hot water over it. Let sit 15 minutes to plump up cran-raisins, drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl add diced chicken or turkey, wild rice, celery, parsley flakes, pea pods, cran-raisins and cooked macaroni shells.
- In another bowl make dressing. Moisten chicken salad ingredients with dressing. Cover and chill several hours.
2 tsp. sherry, 1/4 tsp. ginger, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. soy sauce and 1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise. Use a whisk and mix well.
A note on Pinterest which some of you have inquired. When I pin something from the site it goes to Facebook but instead of showing a photo of the pin it just shows a box that say pin it. Customers service is trying to resolve the problem and says others are having same issues too. Hoping soon for some resolution.