Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

West With Giraffes Book Club Snacks

 

A wonderful story I reviewed a while back and posted on FB at EverReady Book Reviews  https://www.facebook.com/everreadyreviews. The book club I belong to often goes with a "theme mode" for snacks to match the book. The hostess set the tone with giraffe napkins and stickers and

I followed her lead on the theme with my snack contributions. I did find out that giraffes belong to an herbivore group that eats 75 pounds of leaves a day but decided that wasn't too interesting so went with making giraffe cookies using my favorite sugar cookie recipe. I frosted them with lemon icing. Amazon came through for me with overnight shipping of a giraffe cookie cutter😀   
Fruit kebobs
and Veggie Sandwich Kebobs with mixed nuts rounded out my contributions. Perhaps you will find inspiration with these foods for your next appetizer party. And yes, there as some wine! 
Each kebob was threaded with mozzarella balls, cucumbers, tomatoes, and 2 mini ham and cheese sandwiches. I did not make up this idea as the idea came from a magazine photo from Food Network Magazine. I had these cookie cutters from Cookieque from Amazon

COOKIEQUE 4-Pieces Fluted Round Cookie Cutters, Metal Circle Biscuit Cutters Set, Wave Cookies Cutter with Fluted Edge, Unique Design with Protective Red Top PVC, There are lots of possibilities with these cutters e.g. making mini sandwiches. 
I used the small cookie cutter to cut out bread, ham, and cheese. On the far left two mini sandwiches show inside without a top to give you an idea of stacking. Each mini sandwich had a brushing of honey mustard. 

My favorite quote from the book “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. —Anatole France, Nobel Laureate, 1921”
― Lynda Rutledge, West with Giraffes

Next Book Club Selection
by Minnesota Author Frank Weber 


3 comments:

  1. I'll repeat what I've previously said. You have so much fun with your friends, from books to parties, to making a party out of a book. Love that Frank's book is your next read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good party with themed snacks. This is so fun. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #20 linkup. I hope to see you there next week, too, sharing more posts--old or new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great book club event - I bet everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing on SSPS, I hope to see you again next.

    ReplyDelete

Part Two Mom's Day Brunch

The tulips at the Minneapolis Landscape Arboretum are in full bloom. We have tickets for this weekend's event, which is always a colorfu...