From “Funeral Blues” by W.H. Auden:
My working week and my Sunday rest
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever, I was wrong.”
Check it out-you might find some favorites.
Official kick off- Recipe Round-Up for Cinco de Mayo
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground Italian sausage
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 1 cup each red,yellow,orange sweet mini peppers and diced onions
- 1/2 cup your favorite chunky salsa
- 2 TB dry taco seasoning mixture
- 1 small can Steamfresh Mexicorn
- 1/2 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles, drained and patted dry on a paper towel
- 1-1/4 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 can (14 oz.) Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Oregano
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, divided
- Grease a glass 9 x 9 dish or a 3 qt baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown meat, crumble and drain grease from pan. Set meat aside.
- Wipe skillet clean,add olive oil and saute onions and peppers until soft.
- Return meat to skillet add in rest of ingredient except cheese. Mix well and then add in 1 cup cheese.
- Pour meat mixture into baking dish and cover with foil. Bake 45-50 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Uncover, add rest of cheese and bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.