Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, April 22, 2019

Earth Day

This year's theme Earth Day 2019: Protect Our Species
Find out more about the 2019 theme for Earth Day, to protect threatened and endangered species.

The purpose of Earth Day is to let people voice their appreciation for the planet and take action to help protect the planet from pollution and other environmental poisons. Don't make Earth Day a one time endeavor. Look at some of these suggested activities for adults and kids that keep the message ongoing and alive.
https://www.dailyzilla.com/earth-day-activities/


While humans may be the biggest threat to endangered species, there are many ways people can help in the fight to protect them! Keep the message alive everyday not just on Earth Day.  
Here's a list of things people can do to save endangered species
  • Learn about endangered species in your area.
  • Volunteer at a local wildlife refuge, park, or other open space.
  • Make your home wildlife friendly (secure garbage in cans with locking lids, feed pets indoors, and place decals on windows to deter bird collisions).
  • Attract native insects, such as bees and butterflies, to help pollinate native plants.
  • Reduce the use of herbicides and pesticides that are hazardous pollutants that affect wildlife.
  • Slow down when driving and keep an eye out for wildlife.
  • Recycle and buy sustainable products.
  • Never purchase products made from threatened or endangered species.
  • Do not harass, shoot, or trap a threatened or endangered animal. Report it to your local state wildlife enforcement office if you witness this.
  • Avoid habitat destruction and support wildlife habitat and open space protection.

"Earth, What Will You Give Me?"
by Beverly Mc Loughland

Earth, what will you give me

In summer
In summer,
Earth, what will you give me
In summer

Serene?

I’ll give you my fields
Made of lilies,
Of lilies,
I’ll give you my fields
Made of lilies
And green.

And what will you give me
In autumn

In autumn
And what will you give me
In autumn
So bold?

I’ll give you my leaves
Made of maple,
Of maple,
I’ll give you my leaves
Made of maple
And gold.

And what will you give me
In winter,
In winter,
What will you give me
In winter
So light?

I’ll give you my stars
Made of crystal,
Of crystal,
I’ll give you my stars
Made of crystal
And white.

And what will you give me
In springtime,
In springtime,
And what will you give me
In springtime
So new?

I’ll give you my nests
Made of grasses,
Of grasses,
I’ll give you my nests
Made of grasses
And blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...