Muffin Pan Tomato TartsA new twist on the classic summer pie starts with puff pastry sheets and multi colored cherry tomatoes. It's easy and makes a great appetizer or serve as a main meal paired with soup or chili.
- 1 (17.3-oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, partially thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 10 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (2 1/2 cups)
- 11 oz. multicolored cherry tomatoes (about 3 cups), halved
- 2 TB. torn fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 and gently unfold both pastry sheets. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise on each pastry sheet; sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 9 (3-inch) squares. Gently press squares into 2 lightly greased muffin pans. Divide cheese and tomatoes among tarts. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Top with torn fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Tomato Pesto Petites
Tomato Basil Parmesan Cheese Side
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- The biggest tomato fight in the world happens each year in the small Spanish town of Buñol. The festival called La Tomatina, involves some 40,000 people throwing 150,000 tomatoes at each other.
- The Guinness World Record for most tomatoes harvested from a single plant over one year weighed 522.464 kg (1151.84 lbs) with 32,194 tomatoes harvested between May 2005 and April 2006. The tomato plant was at the Epcot Science project at Walt Disney World Company, Florida, USA.
- As of 2013, the heaviest tomato according to Guinness World Record weighed 3.51 kg (7 lb 12 oz) and was grown by G. Graham in 1986, Oklahoma, USA.
- Remedy sunburns. Laid out in the sun for too long and ended up with a painful burn? Soothe your skin by rubbing on a cool blend of tomato and yogurt.
- Add shine to a dull complexion. Want glowing skin in under 15 minutes? No big deal when you’ve got tomato juice. Just add a bit of honey until you’ve created a thick paste. Rub the gooey mask onto your face, relax while it does its thing and then wash off.
- Condition dry hair and relieve an itchy scalp. Once you’ve shampooed your hair, pour tomato juice onto your strands and leave on for five minutes. The homemade conditioner will not only remove buildup, but it will hydrate parched locks. Rinse with cold water.