Ever Ready Special Blueberry Crisp with Amaretto and Almonds
- 6 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 TB. cornstarch
- 2 TB.amaretto (optional)
- 2 TB. lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, amaretto, lemon juice and vanilla and place in an 8×8 inch baking dish or a 1-1/2 qt baking dish.
- Top the blueberry filling with topping ingredients.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground Saigon cinnamon
- 4 TB. chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Cinnamon Almonds or 1 cup crushed almonds mixed with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix topping ingredients except almonds until crumbly- a food processor can be used just pulse a few times. Stir in nuts.
- Spread over blueberry filling and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbling and topping is a golden color.
I missed getting an attire photo yesterday. But I did see she was wearing a yellow slicker and hat to protect herself from the rain and cold.