Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, February 26, 2010

A Few Bumps in the Road

Chapter Two
"The Maui Way of Life embraces one of Benjamin Franklin's famous sayings...Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Yikes... I have never seen such a place spring into action as early as 7:30 AM. By 9:30, a steady caravan of people head out for a day at the beach. They carried what I thought looked like enough supplies to last several days. I was still on my cereal routine as I watched all this action from the balcony. Even though I worried I might be missing out on some fun, the dreaded fear of being sunburned told me I should pace myself. I knew I had all morning to get out and enjoy the sunny skies before my afternoon appointment with Davis & Sons. I am suppose to sign several documents at their office.
My traveling companions seemed to be moving at a snail's pace. I was antsy to get a jump start on the day before my appointment. It was at that point some of my troubles began. I thought I could get to the beach faster by hitching a ride on top of this car. I have posted a picture. Judging by the surfboards attached, I knew this car was headed in the right direction. But my plan was foiled. Instead of a ride all I got was a stern lecture on how I should be more careful and how dangerous hitchhiking can be.
I finally got to a beach and enjoyed one of Maui's favorite past times whale watching. Several times I saw spouts off water in the distance and knew humpback whales were at play.
Later in the day my next challenge was waiting for the bus to go to my appointment. All they have are these crazy colored benches to wait on with no backs and are not comfortable. Obviously they never seen our great covered bus shelters at home. Well as I was waiting patiently and the bus seemed like it was taking forever, the heat of the midday sun got to me. I had to lay down on the bench to rest. My friends thought it so funny they took a few pictures. Perhaps I am not used to this heat.
After my meeting the best part of the day was watching the sun set on the beach.
I am ready for my first day of shooting on Saturday. I plan to set my alarm since I am not quite used to the 4 hour time difference. I do not want to oversleep. One thing that surprised me was that the agency wanted me dressed in my famous trademark red jacket. I was so hoping for a Hawaiian type shirt. Maybe another day...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Rocky has some good weather. Have he and the bus drivers had a chance to swap any stories. We have snow and cold. I wonder what they have to contend with.

    ReplyDelete

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...