Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, March 21, 2019

World Poetry Day

Share and Read a Poem Today
What are your some of your favorite lines of poetry ?

Here's what Winnie the Pooh has to say in poetic form about a spring morning.
Spring Morning
by A.A. Milne
Where am I going? I don't quite know.
Down to the stream where the king-cups grow-
Up on the hill where the pine-trees blow-
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.

Where am I going? The clouds sail by,
Little ones, baby ones, over the sky.
Where am I going? The shadows pass,
Little ones, baby ones, over the grass.

If you were a cloud, and sailed up there,
You'd sail on water as blue as air,
And you'd see me here in the fields and say:
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"

Where am I going? The high rooks call:
"It's awful fun to be born at all."
Where am I going? The ring-doves coo:
"We do have beautiful things to do."

If you were a bird, and lived on high,
You'd lean on the wind when the wind came by,
You'd say to the wind when it took you away:
"That's where I wanted to go today!"

Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow-
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.


Milne genius as a wordsmith and his boundless imagination inspires a first generation that grew up on Winnie the Pooh.

There is an app you can download for FREE on your phone called PlantSnap.com
It comes in handy when you see a plant, tree or bush you want to identify. You can either snap the picture and get instant verification or choose one from your photo gallery and get help. The tutorial directions are real simple to follow.  
Since there are so many unfamiliar plants here in Arizona I can't identify I really like having this app. I was quite taken with this foliage thinking maybe a type of lilac but I learned it was called Mountain Laurel. So lovely. 

3 comments:

  1. In Texas that plant and its beautiful fragrant flowers are called Mountain Laurel. It heavily populates the Hill Country north west of Austin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so so right I went back to plantsnap and google for further consultation
      thanks for the correction

      Delete
  2. Well, even though I didn't know yesterday was World Poetry Day, I celebrated by participating in a poetry reading here in Faribault.

    Thanks for the poetic flower image. So beautiful that flower.

    ReplyDelete

Chia Pudding Cups

Guest Food Blogger  M E Fuller Artist   Online Gallery Author, Workshop Facilitator, & Writing Coach   mefuller.com   @mefullerarts Meet...