Spring for a few meals on the lighter side. They're simple, healthy and easy to make.
Greek Grilled Chicken and Hummus Wrap
Cook's Notes: Recipe makes 2 large wraps, cut in half serves 4.
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3-1/2 cups store bought Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10-inch, burrito size) flour tortillas (wheat, low carb or spinach)
- Hummus, store-bought Roasted Red Pepper
- Bagged chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumbers peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- Place chicken in a zip loc bag and pour in Greek Dressing. Seal bag and place in a bowl. Marinate chicken for one hour. Drain dressing, grill or bake chicken. Cool and slice meat in thin strips.
- To assemble wraps spread hummus over each tortilla. Down the center place lettuce, top with chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese.
- Fold the long sides of the tortilla to the center and roll each short side toward the center. Use a serrated knife to cut each tortilla.
- Serve with whole grain chips.
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut off asparagus spears from bottom about 4 inches up
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1-2 cups radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 TB. finely chopped scallion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Herb Mediterranean Feta Crumbles
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or almonds
- 2 TB. Honey
- 1 TB. Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dark good quality balsamic (I splurged and used dark chocolate balsamic-so good)
- ¾ cup good quality olive oil
- 1 TB. minced fresh garlic
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water and place in sink. Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Place asparagus and snap peas in boiling water. Lower heat to medium high and boil until al dente about 1-2 minutes. Drain snap peas and asparagus using a colander. Place veggies in ice bowl of water for 1 minute. Drain again.
- In a bowl add cooked asparagus, snap peas, sliced radishes and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and top the salad with crumbled feta cheese and toasted almonds or walnuts to serve.
- Mix all balsamic dressing ingredients in a blender. Transfer to a screw type jar until serving. Reshake the jar and refrigerate any leftovers.